The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), a reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), was signed into law on December 10, 2015. This law helps ensure educational opportunity for all students by:
1. Holding all students to high academic standards that prepare them for success in college and careers.
2. Ensuring accountability by guaranteeing that when students fall behind, states redirect resources into what works to help them and their schools improve, with a particular focus on the very lowest-performing schools, high schools with high dropout rates, and schools with achievement gaps.
3. Empowering state and local decision-makers to develop their own strong systems for school improvement based upon evidence, rather than imposing cookie-cutter federal solutions like the No Child Left Behind Act did.
4. Reducing the often onerous burden of testing on students and teachers, making sure that tests don't crowd out teaching and learning, without sacrificing clear, annual information parents and educators need to make sure our children are learning.
5. Providing more children access to high-quality preschool.
6. Establishing new resources for proven strategies that will spur reform and drive opportunity and better outcomes for America's students.
The Eatontown Public School System receives funding under ESSA in the following titles:
Title I, Part A - Improving Basic Programs Operated by Local Educational Agencies
Title II, Part A - Teacher and Principal Training and Recruiting Fund, Grants to States
Title III - Language Instruction for Limited English Proficient Students and Immigrant Students
Title IV, Part A- Student Support and Academic Enrichment (SSAE) Program
Please check the links below for any updated News and Events. The newsletter and activity calendar will change monthly. Also, all notices sent home through the Title I and Title III programs can be found in the corresponding links below. If you haven't already sent back the forms, please do so as soon as possible.
If you have any questions about our ESSA funds or programs, please conatct Tara Micciulla at 732-935-7838 or by e-mail at email@example.com .
Progress Target Action Plan
Winter Learning Academy
Summer Learning Academy