Acceptable Use Policy
User's Agreement & Parent/Guardian's Agreement
|Board of Education||†||Program|
Eatontown Public School District's Terms and Conditions of
Computer Network and Internet Access
1. The use of the Eatontown School District's computer networks is a privilege, not a right. Inappropriate use of any feature of the networks will result, at a minimum, in the immediate cancellation of that privilege. Based on the guidelines established in this document, and any subsequent modifications to this document and/or policies approved by the Board of Education, the system administrators will determine what is appropriate use. Eatontown Public School District reserves the right to terminate, suspend, or otherwise limit network access at any time as is required in its judgment. Such decisions of the school district or it's designees, the system administrators, are final. The school district reserves the right to inspect or review logs of user's access and files for security and/or compliance purposes.
2. Your usage of the school district's computer networks must be consistent with established public school educational and operational policies. The use of other organization's networks or computing resources is subject to the rules and limitations of those organizations or networks in addition to any usage policies established in the Eatontown Public School District. Transmission, including uploading and downloading via any existent transmission control protocol/internet protocol program of any material in violation of any United States or state statute or regulation is strictly prohibited. This includes but is not limited to: copyrighted or trade secret material, threatening or obscene material, and criminal activity. Use of the network or its registered domain names for any commercial activity, product solicitations or political lobbying is also prohibited. In addition to any sanction imposed by the school district, inappropriate use of the networks will be reported to the responsible authorities.
3. You are expected to comply with the generally accepted rules of network etiquette. These include, but are not limited to the following:
4. The Eatontown Public School District cannot be held responsible for any lost resources or damages incurred through the use of itís networks.
5. Users of the District's networks agree not to violate or attempt to violate system security, intentionally interfere with system performance at any level, waste limited system resources, or access another person's login, password or access-limited files. Users will be denied access to the District's networks based upon security violations of this, or other, computer systems.
6. Without the express written permission of the system administrators, you many not use the networks of the Eatontown Public School District to access any database, service, or download data or software, which charges a fee for such service or access. If you do any of the foregoing, your access to the Districtís networks will be immediately terminated and you will be liable for any and all charges incurred.
7. These terms and conditions reflect the entire agreement of the parties involved and supersedes and all prior oral or written agreements. The Eatontown Public School District and/or the system administrators reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey, The United States of America, and the applicable policies of the Eatontown Public School District.
First Reading: 5/24/99
Date Adopted: 6/28/99